The Speaker Wrangler is responsible for all communications with Speakers at our WordCamp, scheduling them and making them your top priority. You will:
- Handle the Call for Sponsors form and announcement
- Collect details from the Speakers,
- Load their info into the Website on Speakers and Sessions
- Scheduling sessions by tracks and making sure the schedule is well-balanced
- Handle providing comp tickets (through coupons)
- Provide details to the Speakers as to their schedule, VIP party, Venue location
- Collect their A/V Waivers and Slides prior to the event
- Handle posting the Speaker Highlight blog news on the website and pushed to Social Media.
- Making sure every Speaker is welcomed at the VIP Dinner and gets their Speaker Gift
- During the event, you’ll check in with the Speakers, making sure they’re informed where they need to be, have registered and received their badge and are onsite prior to their session, have their slides, etc. and have checked in to Mission Control 30 minutes before their session
- Route Speakers to the Happiness Bar for ‘office hours’ after their talk
- Send thank you’s after the event
- Update the Slides & Videos with the Speakers after the event
This covers the first Call to Sponsor notice, the website Form for Speakers and the Communication Workflow, including HelpScout and MailChimp.